Back to top

Active-Duty and Veterans can receive college credit for military service and save time and money at the same time. So, whether you are:

  • An active duty service member (including Reserves) preparing for transition or looking to get promotion points and progress your military career, or
  • A veteran who is looking to get a degree, certification or a workforce credential to get a better job or career,

You can leverage your military experience, service school training, prior education, national examinations, e.g. College Level Examination Programs (CLEPs) and even high school Advanced Placement tests to get college credit from any of the 23 colleges in the Virginia Community College System (VCCS).

Your Service

In Credits2Careers (C2C) you can quickly build your e-Portfolio of military & civilian experience, training, education, examinations, certifications and other accomplishments. You can use your Joint Services Transcript (for Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps and Navy) or your Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) Web Progress Report (for Air Force) to quickly add your military career to this portfolio and then easily add other experience, education, credentials and other accomplishments to this portfolio.

When you upload your military transcript (JST or CCAF Web Progress Report), C2C does not just store the document. It processes it to extract details of your military experience –MOS, Ratings or AFSC you have held along with their dates and descriptions, training courses, and any included college courses from the transcript to create entries in your portfolio. Once your transcript has been processed to create portfolio entries, C2C can instantly evaluate your military experience and give you an estimate of your course credits at any VCCS college.