Back to top

Resource Center

The search found 32 results in 0.019 seconds.

Search results

  1. Credits2Careers User Guide - VCCS Staff Edition

    Credits2Careers User Guide - VCCS Staff Edition


  - July 17, 2023

  2. C2C User Guide - Student Edition

    Credits2Careers User Guide - Student Edition - July 17, 2023

  3. I’m considering transferring to a 4-year once I am done at the community college, what are the next steps?

    Once you complete your program of study at the Community College, your options are endless! The following schools offers programs which cater specifically to adult learners. For other opportunities visit Transfer Virginia! - September 15, 2021

  4. What is an Industry Recognized Credential?

    An industry-recognized credentials include: all occupational licenses and registries provided by state or national professional boards and industry certifications from a valid third party. You may be awarded credit that will apply toward graduation through completion of credentials (certifications) or workforce training. You will find a list of organizations that are awarded credit at least one VCCS. If you have a certification or training not listed, please use the College Connect [link] to contact the school you are interested in to verify if you are eligible for credit. - October 13, 2021

  5. Can I receive credit for life experience?

    Some of the colleges in the Virginia Community College System recognize experiential learning (means of being awarded Credit for Prior Learning through an administrative determination) when the experience closely aligns with specific course outcomes.  Credit may be awarded based upon an individualized portfolio evaluation, which may be conducted by faculty at the individual colleges. - October 13, 2021

  6. Is there a fee for a Credit for Prior Learning Assessment?

    Depending on your college of choice and the CPL for which you are eligible, there may be a fee if faculty have to assess work to determine if work completed aligns with course outcomes. An example where there may be a fee is a portfolio - October 19, 2021

  7. How does the Credits2Careers portal work?

    Get started on the next chapter of your life today. It's easy, just follow the process below. - October 19, 2021

  8. Where can I complete short-term training?

    FastForward is a short-term training program for high-demand industries run out of VCCS, helping Virginians get the jobs they want and the salaries they need.  The career training is different from one college to the next because the workforce needs vary from community to community. - October 19, 2021

  9. What is the difference between a career studies certificate, a certificate, and a diploma?

    Below you will find the definitions of the Career Studies Certificate, Certificate, and Diploma

    Career Studies Certificate
    A career studies certificate program is defined as a program of study of not less than 9 nor more than 29 semester credit hours. Career studies certificate programs are not required to include general education. - October 27, 2021

  10. What is the difference between a degree program, a major, and a specialization?

    Degree Program

    A degree program is a broadly structured curriculum leading to the award of an associate’s degree and is listed on the  diploma.


    A major is a grouping of 100 and 200-level courses that define a discipline or interdisciplinary specialty.


    A specialization is an area of concentration within an approved major, varying from the parent major by 9-15 credit hours. - October 27, 2021

  11. What if I cannot find my experience listed?

    If you have a certification, training, or militar experience not listed, please create an account, fill out the information in the Portfolio under "My Story." Once you've completed the Portfolio, use the College Connect to contact the school you are interested in to verify if you are eligible for credit.

  - October 27, 2021

  12. What is the difference between full-time and part-time?

    Full-time Students: Students enrolled for 12 or more credits in a semester are considered full-time students. 

    Part-time Students: Students enrolled for fewer than 12 credit hours in a semester are part-time students. - October 27, 2021

  13. What if I have taken college courses in another country?

    In the US, you are considered a transfer student if you have completed a minimum of one semester of college work. If you attended any college in your home country, your transcripts will be evaluated to determine if your prior academic work will transfer into your new college. You will want to confirm with the school you are interested in if you will need to have your transcript evaluated by an external evaluation agency. - November 12, 2021

  14. What if English is not my first language?

    If English is not your first language, you will need to demonstrate proficiency in reading, writing, and speaking English. - November 15, 2021

  15. Interested in Online Learning?

    When Virginians complete their degree, it does more than just boost a career. A better-educated, better-prepared workforce makes Virginia-based companies more competitive here and abroad. Earn certificates and associate degrees from home – 100% online — from one of our 23 community colleges. Find out which online programs are offered at your local college by heading to our College Locator.

  - February 16, 2022

  16. Will I get credit for classes from third party classes?

    If you have taken classes from an online eduational platform and would like to have them evaluated for academic credit, please submit all relevant documents (syllabi, course description, etc.) to the college. Faculty from the discipline will review and make a final determination. - March 15, 2022

  17. Will the credit a Virginia Community College awards for prior learning transfer if I want to pursue a Bachelor's degree?

    The institution you are interested in transferring to will ultimately determine what credits will transfer. If your goal is to earn a Bachelor's degree, it is important to discuss this with your academic advisor, as well as contacting the institution where you wish to transfer. - August 15, 2022

  18. Where can I get my Joint Services Transcript (JST)?

    Where can I get my Joint Services Transcript (JST)?

    If you serve or have served in the Army, Marine Corps, Navy or Coast Guard:

    • Download and save your JST (Joint Services Transcript), using either the Transcript or Combo Report format from the set of options available on the JST page, to your computer.

    If you are serving in the Air Force: - January 30, 2023

  19. Success Stories and Testimonials from Justice-Impacted Individuals


    Andrea's life took a remarkable turn after she discovered the transformative power of FastForward. Her story is an inspiring example of how determination and support can pave the way to a brighter future. After spending over eight years in a federal prison, Andrea knew she needed to make a change in her life. Little did she know that FastForward would be the catalyst for her remarkable transformation. - May 8, 2023

  20. Information for Employers




    FastForward is your Pipeline for Skilled, Qualified Employees. - June 28, 2023